Reflection 1- Academic Advisor

   My academic advisor is Dr. Elexson Nillian. Previously, he engaged in his Bachelor's Degree in biotechnology at Universiti Industri Selangor (Unisel) in 2011. Then, he engaged in his Master of Science and Ph.D. of Philosophy in Food Safety at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in 2012. His area of expertise is Microbiology and Food Biotechnology. He is now with the Faculty of Resource Science and Technology, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (Unimas). Dr. Elexson Nillian is also my lecturer for the course Microbiology.

    In fact, we want to have our meeting with Dr. Elexon Nillian early, Unfortunately, we're busy with our exam during that week(23-27 November 2020). After discussion, Dr. Elexon Nillian finally decided to set the meeting date on 11 December, Friday, after the semester break.

    On 11 December 2020, Friday. we started our meeting with Dr. Elexson Nillian at 1:30p.m. I felt a little bit nervous before entering into the zoom meeting. We all wear collar shirts and opened the camera to show our respect and make a good impression on Dr. Elexson Nillian. The first thing was Dr. Elexon Nillion asked us to introduce ourselves. I introduced myself with my full name. then, I talked about my education. Dr. Elexon Nillian felt a little bit surprised when he knew I'm a Sarawakian. After that, he started to talk about the current pandemic situation. He had asked me how was the situation of covid-19 in Sarawak now due to I'm a Sarawakian. I answered him the pandemic situation is currently stable in Sarawak, But for Sabah and Selangor are currently very serious. He told us to take care of ourselves, especially Chan, one of us who joined the meeting because she is in Sabah now. Fortunately, most of us are Sarawakian. Besides, he also asked us about how is uni life going? Is it boring due to online learning? In my opinion, It was very boring because we cannot undergo face-face learning and lack self-motivation. Dr. Elexon Nillian also told us he had many shortcomings, if we‘re not satisfied with him, we could change the academic advisor later. I was shocked at once.

     Our meeting shortly took about 25 minutes, because we have another class at 2:00p.m. My thoughts on this meeting are good. Dr. Elexson Nillian is a caring, kindly person, He was caring about our situation now. He is a good audience and advisor too, listening and gave us some useful advice. He also likes to smile and he had a good temper too, this makes us less nervous and the communication more relaxing. I'm appreciated having this opportunity to meet with Dr. Elexson Nillian, I had learned a lot from him. I'll be hardworking and do my best as a student.

DR. Elexson Nillian


Meeting with Dr. Elexson Nillian💓








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Profile ^.^

Reflection 3: Library skills